Before the visit
- Eat something light with protein 2 hours before
- Don’t drink too much water because you will be on the table for awhile
- Don’t brush your tongue the morning of the visit
- Don’t eat anything that will ‘color’ your tongue (candy, coffee, fruit punch, etc)
- Wear comfortable clothing
- If you are new, arrive a little early to fill out paperwork
- Bring a favorite relaxing CD for us to use during your treatment (optional)
During the visit
- Relax, talk to your practitioner. Don’t hold back information.
- We will ask you alot of questions, take your pulse and look at your tongue
- After the needles have been inserted, you will be left in the room for about 20-30min. This is YOUR time. Relax, focus on your condition.
After the visit
- Ask questions. Remember, it’s your body and your responsibility to undersand it and make yourself better.
- Instructions will be given to you on herbs, diet, exercise, etc
- Proceed to the receptionist to make your next appointment. If you know your schedule, make multiple appointments to ensure that you get the time and date that is best for you.
- Call if you have questions between treatments. Keeping with your treatment plan will help you maintain and/or achieve better health.
How many treatments will I need?
- A treatment course is defined as: the number of treatments and frequency between each visit.
- The length, number and frequency of treatments will vary. After the first 4 visits, we will be able to tell how well your body responds to acupuncture.
- A typical visit lasts from 20-60min.
- Generally, acute problems require less time and frequency of treatment. Chronic problems will require more time and frequency
Remember, if it took you 20 years to get to where you are, it is unlikely that 1 or 2 treatments will reverse the affect. We are here to work together to achieve optimal health.